The roads in Melbourne have witnessed a significant rise in the number of cars. We get to see a new car hitting the roads almost every second day. Newer models are being churned out by automobile manufacturing companies. Consequently, the number of cars on Australian roads has increased by leaps and bounds. According to reports, there were 19.2 million registered motor vehicles running on Australian roads in January 2018. Now, that’s a staggering number, isn’t it?
Off late, traffic congestion has become quite a big problem in Australia. The average speeds have dropped quite considerably. As per reports, the average speed in Melbourne has declined by a whopping 8.2 % (2018). At present, the average speed in Melbourne stands at 59.9 km/hr. It is interesting ( and rather shocking) to note that route to the Melbourne Airport is the most congested route in Australia.
That’s not all. Here’s another staggering number. The national economy will have to bear congestion costs worth US$37.3 billion by 2030 in case no major policy changes are made.
It certainly would be no overstatement to state that traffic congestion is getting worse with each passing day. As of 2018, an average Melburnian spends 35 minutes in commuting to work ( one way). Melbourne and Sydney are two of the most congested cities in Australia. Of late, a large number of people have been migrating to Melbourne from other Western and Southern Australia.
A glance at the aforementioned facts and figures is enough to make a person realize that driving a car in Melbourne has become quite a tedious task. In all fairness, hiring chauffeur services in Melbourne is the best possible way of keeping the congestion trouble at bay. Undertaking a 35-minute long drive from your workplace in the evening after a long and tiring day at work is perhaps the last thing you want. Finding chauffeured cars in Melbourne isn’t all that difficult. You will find a lot of dealers who’ll provide with chauffeurs at reasonable prices in Australia.
The difference between a chauffeur and a driver
Now, this one’s important. A lot of people nurture this belief that being a driver is the same as being a chauffeur. Well, both driver as well as the chauffeur do pretty much the same thing i.e. driving a car.
1. Not every driver is a chauffeur
Anybody can be a driver. Simply put, a driver is a person who knows how to drive a vehicle. On the other hand, a chauffeur is a professional whose driving services are hired.
Take this for an example
A guy driving an Uber is just a driver. He has a license and knows how to drive a vehicle. You hire an Uber. The cab guy picks you up and drops you at the location you’ve mentioned. You pay the fare and that’s about it. On the other hand, a chauffeur will do anything and everything in order to make sure that your riding experience is nothing short of exemplary.
2. The element of accountability
Chauffeurs are very much accountable for all their actions. Customer satisfaction forms the heart of a chauffeur’s work and duty. On the other hand, a driver just picks you up and rushes to the destination as quickly as he possibly can. Simply put, a driver does not surpass his call of duty in his bid to support his clients.
3. Chauffeurs get to drive high-end vehicles
Chauffeured vehicles guarantee safety, comfort, and style. Chauffeurs need to maintain their vehicles. They need to ensure that the vehicle they are driving meets all the safety and quality standards, whereas an Uber cab driver is not bound to maintain his vehicle. A taxi can break down at any given point in time if it has not been serviced, but a chauffeured vehicle comes with an assurance that the car you are travelling in is well maintained. So, in a way, chauffeured vehicles are far more comprehensively maintained because they provide their customers with a service that is premium in nature.
4. Travelling in a chauffeured vehicle is an ‘experience’
A chauffeur will always treat his customers honestly. He’ll do whatever he can in order to serve them The level of service you will get in a chauffeured vehicle will be nothing short of exceptional. Client feedback is of utmost importance in this case. Be it the opening of the door or luggage assistance, a chauffeur will always go an ‘extra mile’ in order to serve his customers. A driver won’t provide you with such exceptional service. He’ll just pick you up from a spot and drive you to your destination.
Why should you hire a chauffeur?
Now, that is quite an interesting question. People hire chauffeurs for a variety of purposes. Here are a few of them.
- It saves time: Now, this one goes without saying. A limo driven by a chauffeur will end up saving a lot of time. For example: If you need to rush to the airport in order to catch a flight, a chauffeur will be there at your doorstep well in advance. He’ll drive you to the airport while ensuring that you receive top-notch service.
- It’s cost-effective: Now, this might sound a bit unbelievable, but hiring a chauffeur does help save a considerable amount of money. Here’s how it works: You hire a chauffeur and pay him his monthly salary. He stays with you for a considerable amount of time to serve you in the best possible way.
- They are familiar with the routes: A chauffeur is highly trained and experienced. He knows about the city in which he works. Also, a chauffeur is experienced enough and is knowledgeable about the routes that aren’t congested. He’ll always try and avoid the routes that are congested. A lot of chauffeurs use GPS technology to stay updated about the traffic conditions within the city.
- Quality and safety: A chauffeur generally has a fleet of luxurious and prestigious vehicles at his disposal. A chauffeur does not drive a single car. He gets to drive multiple cars. Also, he’s a high-trained professional who knows how to avoid road mishaps such as accidents. So, it ends up bolstering your safety level.
- A chauffeur’s always on time: As stated earlier, a chauffeur’s prime objective is to serve you well. He’ll do whatever he can to drop you at your destination on time. In most cases, chauffuers follow a predefined schedule and always reach the destination on time.
- Parking isn’t a problem: Of late, parking your car has become a real task. In big cities such as Melbourne and Sydney, a person spends a considerable amount of time in finding a safe and spacious parking spot. In case you’re in a hurry and need to meet a client, a chauffeur would drop you off at your destination and then park the car for you.
- Keeping mechanical problems at bay: Chauffeurs are accustomed to fixing a wide variety of car problems. In case your car breaks down, a chauffeur will always have back-up. For instance: Your chauffeur will always have a few spare tyres at his disposal to counter a flat-tyre situation. An Uber driver, on the other hand, might not know how to fix car problems. A chauffeur is always prepared to face the worst-case scenarios.
- Creates an everlasting Impression: Having a chauffeur is a luxury. Suppose, you are going to meet a high-end client who owns a luxury clothing brand, arriving at the destination in a limousine with a chauffeur would create quite an impression on your client. It will make your client realize that you ‘belong’ to the world of luxury.
- And lastly, having a chauffeur at your service means that you won’t have to worry about the driving part. Driving through the busy lanes of Melbourne during the rush hour can be quite painful, but having a chauffeur can save you all the trouble. It lets you throw all your worries related to driving to the wind. You can just sit back and relax as the chauffeur’s always there to drive you to your destination. Right from picking you up from the spot to getting your vehicle repaired and serviced, he’ll take care of everything. It’s an experience like no other.
So, if you wish to experience an unparalleled pick up service, then it’s to hire a chauffeur.